Last Updated: 15 August 2022
1. Personal Information We Collect
When you visit our Website and use certain features, or contact us directly, we may collect certain personal information about you, including:
- your email address when you subscribe to our newsletter;
- information you share when you fill out an online contact form, such as your name, role/title, company/organization and associated email address, and any other information you share when filling out the form;
- information you share when you apply for a job opening (by accessing a separate site powered by Greenhouse) including your name; email address; phone number; LinkedIn profile, website, or Github (if applicable); whether you are authorized to work in the relevant jurisdiction; answers to specific questions about the job (e.g., your motivation, skills, experience, and interest in the role); and any information contained in the resume/CV you upload (e.g., address, contact information, education, work experience, references, hobbies, and so forth) or that you voluntarily share with us in the context of your application (including any sensitive personal information); and
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information primarily for the following purposes:
to send you our newsletters, white papers, promotional materials and information on our products or services or to market our products and services to you;
- to enable you to contact us directly regarding any questions you may have about our company, our products or our services;
- to enable you to apply for job openings on our career page;
- to provide and securely operate our Website;
- to understand which content is most engaging to Website visitors; and
- for general business purposes such as business research and outreach, talent acquisition, human resources, and operations.
Where applicable law requires a legal basis to process personal information, we rely on prior consent to send our newsletters and other promotional materials to subscribers. For the other purposes listed above, we rely on our legitimate interests to enable interested parties to contact us and apply for job openings at Altana, as well as to provide our Website and understand which content is most engaging to visitors. If we process any special category data relating to you, we only do so where you have voluntarily provided such information or given your explicit consent for us to do so.
3. With Whom We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information for limited purposes with certain internal and external parties, including:
- our personnel, who help us provide the Website, answer your questions, review job applications, and carry out other related business activities;
- our service providers and business partners, who perform specific Website-related services for us, including database management, site maintenance, analytics, marketing, and customer relationship management, or help provide other services such as Greenhouse Software, Inc., which powers our job application site. These third parties and partners are contractually bound to only access your personal information to perform these tasks and to keep such information confidential;
- our investors or buyers, including in the event our company is acquired by or merged with another company, or a similar corporate transaction takes place in which personal information we hold about you is among the assets transferred; and
- national, federal, state, or local government authorities if required by applicable law or regulation to cooperate with law enforcement or respond to a court order, regulatory request, or other process or procedure mandated by law.
In addition to the parties identified above, we may share personal information for other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect it or pursuant to your consent.
We do not “sell” personal information to any third parties, as that term is understood under applicable law.
4. Cookies and Similar Technologies
5. Retention of Personal Information
We keep personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and beyond that only as necessary to comply with applicable law, regulations, or to fulfill contractual obligations.
6. Protection of Personal Information
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect personal information.
7. Your Rights and Choices
We respect your choices regarding the use of your personal information. For example, if you subscribe to our newsletter and later decide that you do not want to receive messages from us anymore, you can click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any email.
In addition, applicable law may define certain rights that you have over your personal information, such as the right to access, rectify, delete, object to, or restrict the processing of personal information (including sensitive personal information, as applicable), or to opt out of the use of your personal information for certain purposes. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, where they apply, please contact our team at email@example.com about your request.
8. International Transfers
Altana is a U.S.-based company with its principal place of business in Brooklyn, New York, USA. To the extent we transfer or receive any personal information from jurisdictions that impose restrictions on international transfers, we do so in compliance with applicable law.
10. Contact Us
Altana Technologies, Inc.
134 N. 4th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11249-3296